Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gratitude and Selfless Giving...

As the holidays approach I can't help but think about the past year and the people that have touched my life.  Today was a reminder of how amazing people can be.  We happened to attend a baby shower for a fellow military spouse (who we met for the first time today) that was coordinated by some of the folks at Operation Homefront in Albany, Oregon.  I was struck by two amazing women...Christine and Shannon.   These ladies give so much of their time to support military families.  Rain or shine; morning, noon or night; 365 days a year, throughout the entire state of Oregon.....they appear like guardian angels.

When I walked through the door at the ARC I was greeted by a warm hug from both Christine and Shannon and a sincere "how are you doing".  Now we often hear those words "how are you" but how often do people really mean it?  I took in the decorations, presents, the cake...the Christmas tree and the toys for the younger children.  But more importantly, I watched as they laughed and joked with all of the women attending the baby shower.  These are two women who make a difference each and every day.

If you haven't have the opportunity to learn about Operation Homefront and the great work they do.  Or, you haven't had a chance to meet Christine or Shannon you are missing out.  I live my life with a motto in my heart and that's "Make Someones Day" - these ladies are an incredible example for all of us because they certainly do far more than that.

To Christine and Shannon - you are amazing.  Thank you for making a difference in our life and so many other military families.


Much love,
Household Six

No comments:

Post a Comment